Presently I proudly serve as OutJustice‘s Executive Director.
OutJustice formed to support me, actually, after three jackasses (nothing against male donkeys!) gay bashed me when I tried to assist a gay male already being gay bashed on January 10, 2010. Long story short, the three were acquitted, but their families and friends will always know the truth – they are homophobic idiots and we as a community didn’t let them get away with it. Their bigotry and violence is well documented and will never go away.
After leaving Mercy For Animals in early 2012 I discussed OutJustice’s future and offered my assistance. With barely a public presence we have been busy assisting our community.
In 2013 we relaunch in June.
DHAPR Group is a selective public relations company with ethics driving its client selection process. Clients and/or products and services provided by our clients must be cruelty-free or moving in that direction. We are happy to assist you in your journey toward a compassionate practice in your personal and business life.
A few highlights:
- Specialize in Direct and Lifestyle Marketing creating demand for the brand.
- Creative Design, Event Planning and Implementation.
- Marketing Analysis and Plans.
- Identity Building and Growing Business(es).
- Strategic Planning
- Media Releases, roll-out, news conferences, interview training (we can also interview on your behalf), exclusive pitches, reputation management and improvement.
- Training and retreats for non-profit and for-profit staff, executives, and boards.
- A no-nonsense approach you won’t get elsewhere delivered with humor, care, consistency, and professionally.
Not entirely public, presently. But here’s a snippet. To speak with a DHAPR Group representative in consideration for our services or to learn more about what we can do for you, contact us at info [at] DHAPR [dot] com.
- DePaul University‘s TRIO Student Support Services (TRIO SSS) program. This U.S. Department of Education funded grant program further served DePaul University’s very own mission of focusing on bringing up the local Chicagoland area’s underserved populations and provide them a superb education. As a private Catholic university, DePaul is one of the most diverse student bodies in the country and had been documented as having some of the “happiest” students by national surveys. Even Comedian Margaret Cho commented on this status during a performance on the campus. TRIO SSS focused on developing and launching ill-prepared students who were the first in their families to attend college and who were often economically-challenged. In many ways, our students weren’t ready for college, let alone the intense coursework and expectations of DePaul. Working with these students was an honor. TRIO SSS is part of DePaul’s Center for Access and Attainment. Learn more here [coming soon].
- DraftWorldwide [sic], including KBA Marketing and Surge at DraftWorldwide [sic]. Lifestyle marketing on the cutting edge of best use of target demographic in the most impactful industries for future results and profit-share growth. Learn more here [coming soon].
- Mercy For Animals (“MFA”) [sic]. A focused, ground-breaking, and cutting-edge farmed animal protection organization. They have a few problems to work through and that’s why I’m no longer with them – even in a volunteer capacity. I hope they overcome their challenges. My open letter to my former colleague is here.
- People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA). A machine for preventing and alleviating animal suffering! Consistent, hard-hitting, and not taking any BS from anyone. PETA is one of the most effective and reviled (because they are effective) animal protection organizations in the world. Learn more here.
- University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC). [More to come soon.] Learn more here [coming soon].